Somehow or rather, some bakes were left untouched and probably they ain't the kids' favorite.
To me, baking was just like gambling and I am guessing if these bakes would attract them.
These Sugar Cookies, reminded me of the Sugee Cookies, with very much similarities.
When I took a bite at one of the cookies, I knew these would be one of my favorite "to-bake" list.
These cookies had a light, crumbly texture, and coated with sugar...
Oooh...they were just so good... And this time round...the guessing bake was worth it.
And these cookies had became one of my favorite...can't help by munch one after another...yummy!!!
Sugar Cookies 糖心饼干
Recipe as adapted from 糕点的女王聪明烘焙法 by 李智慧
100 g unsalted butter, soften
65 g sugar
30 g egg
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
100 g top flour
50 g almond powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp baking powder
Pinch of salt
Fine sugar for coating
1. Cream the butter till smooth. Add in the sugar and mix until light and fluffy.
2. Add in the egg and vanilla essence, mix until well combined.
3. Add in the sieved flour, almond powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Mix until well combined.
4. Chill the dough in the fridge for about 30 minutes.
5. Roll the dough into a round ball, 15-g each, and coat one side with sugar. Place the coated side on the lined tray.
6. Bake in a preheated oven of 150°C for about 10-12 minutes until the cookies are golden brown. Remove from the oven and let it cool completely on a wire rack before keeping it in an airtight container.
Do link back to MiMi Bakery House if you have used any information as published in this blog.