I am craving for a Chocolate Chip Swissroll...
Hubby offered to buy the cakes from The Pines bakery but I hesitated...
I headed off to the kitchen to fulfil my craving...
Ran out of the normal cocoa powder, I had used the dark cocoa powder...a lovely dark chocolate color I would say.
I filled up my roll with whipped cream here and there and then finally coated it with my generous amount of chocolate chips...I chilled it overnight...
The Dark Chocolate Chip Swissroll was ready...and I am so ready for my swissroll...
I loved the whipped cream, the chocolate chips and the cake... I was happily indulging on my swissroll....I wasn't too sure about the rest of them... :P
3 egg yolks
1g of salt
50g canola oil
55g self raising flour
5g dark cocoa powder
3 egg whites
1/3 cream of tar tar
100g whipped cream
Chocolate Chip Rice
1. Preheat oven to 180C.
2. In a mixing bowl, add in the egg yolks, salt, oil, water & sugar, using a hand whisk, whisk until pale, lemony color.
3. Fold in the flour & cocoa powder and mix well. Set aside.
4. In another clean mixing bowl, beat the egg whites with cream of tar tar until frothy. Gradually add in the sugar and continue to beat until stiff peaks.
5. Take 1/3 of the egg white meringue and mix into the egg yolk mixture, mix well. Pour the egg yolk mixture into the remaining egg white meringue and mix until well combined.
6. Pour the batter into a 25x25-cm square pan and bake for about 12-15 minutes.
7. Remove the cake from the pan immediately and cool it on a cooling rack to cool before spreading the filling onto the cake.8. Spread the whipped cream on the cake and roll the cake gently & tightly to secure the cake roll. Chill in the fridge for at least 1 hour before slicing. Spread a layer of cream on the outer layer of the swissroll and sprinkle generously with chocolate rice. Chill it in the fridge and let it set before serving.
Do link back to MiMi Bakery House if you have used any information as published in this blog.